If you have a query, problem or complaint your first step is to see the person listed below.  Who you choose to see will depend on the subject:

Subject Person
Visa / Enrolment Registrar – Student reception
Homestay / Accom. Accommodation Officer – Student reception
Class / Course Teacher / Head Teacher
Academic (further study) Academic Counsellor – Counselling Office level 2
Personal / Social Social Welfare Officer – or Head Teacher or Director of Studies Office

SELC has a detailed ‘Grievance/Complaints Procedure for Students’ which is located on our website under the ‘About’ tab, titled ‘Policies and Procedures’.   There are also detailed flowcharts of the different procedures on the ‘Student Support Procedures’ noticeboard opposite the Counselling Office on Level 2.

If you wish to lodge an external appeal or complain about a decision made by SELC, you can contact the Overseas Students Ombudsman. The Overseas Students Ombudsman offers a free and independent service for overseas students who have a complaint or want to lodge an external appeal about a decision made by  their school. See the Overseas Students Ombudsman website http://www.oso.gov.au or phone 1300 362 072 for more information.